Donate to the Dave Sassman Foundation NPCYour contribution together with our mission is life changing
4 Ways You Can Contribute
Invest in a Brick Plant
- Create jobs for them (the community),
- Transfer building-related skills and
- Create Entrepreneurial Opportunities.
Your monthly donation will help to establish a Brick Manufacturing Plant within a community in order to accomplish the following…
Because of restricted time constraints, the need for the transfer of much-needed building-related skills, along with proper facilities to accomplish it, has become an almost overwhelming challenge. The need demands a system that is quick and cost-effective.
- Open-plan structure consisting of Lounge/Dining Room/Kitchen, Bathroom and 1 or 2 x Bedrooms.
- Building is constructed with our Africon Concrete Bricks, manufactured on-site by the local community.
- Every house comes complete with electricity/solar-powered energy and equipped for a water-borne sewer system.
- Starting with a completed concrete slab, workers can build the house in 1 day.
Anyone can get involved in sponsoring a One-Day House. Individuals, families, churches, youth groups, businesses and schools are reaching out to provide housing for those who need it.
You can sponsor a One-Day House now for just $8,000 or support our $10 Fundraiser Programme.
The One-Day Church initiative is a response to the urgent need for a church. Thousands of congregations around the globe meet in a house or under a tree every week.
The One-Day Church strives to meet these needs with a high-quality, low-cost, quickly constructed building.
Without a proper meeting place to call their own, congregations often dwindle and eventually disappear. These congregations want a church building very badly but do not have the resources to construct a permanent framework and roof.
- We use our Africon Bricks to build the exterior walls.
- The congregation supplies their ‘sweat equity’ and window frames
- In this way a representative church home can be provided quickly and economically to thousands of church families across the globe.
- The One-Day Church is a rugged galvanized steel structure with a vented roof.
- The walls and floor can be finished with our concept in one/two days.
- The One-Day Church is 20 x 38 feet (6.1 x 11.6 meters) and can seat approximately 150 people.
You can sponsor a share of a One-Day Church for $12,000. 2 shares make a complete sponsorship.ONE-DAY SCHOOL
Because of the rapid population explosion, the need for Education, along with proper facilities to accomplish that, has become an almost overwhelming challenge. The need demands a system that is quick and cost-effective.
The One-Day School was born from this great challenge.
- This building can be used as a single classroom, or in quantity to create a complete campus for larger schools.
- Many One-Day Schools will be used in warm or hot climates, so engineers and architects paid close attention to ventilation when designing the structure.
- The roof is white to reflect the sun and the exterior walls are constructed with Africon Bricks while large windows and strategic vents promote airflow and thermal efficiency.
- Starting with a completed concrete slab, unskilled workers can build the classroom building in a single day, and be ready for classes to start the next.
Anyone can get involved in sponsoring a One-Day School. Governments, individuals, families, churches, youth groups, and schools are reaching out to provide education for children who need it.
The Need (And greater good).
- With the 1996 South African Census reflecting a housing backlog of 2, 202, 519.
- Since coming to power in 1994, the state has built only 1,4 million Low Income housing units.
- The backlog now stands at more than 3,000,000 – counting Low Income and Affordable units.
Other Housing Backlogs include:
Philippines: 5,8m (2016)
Zambia: 1,5m (2014)
Zimbabwe: 1,25m (2008)
Nigeria: 17,5m (2010)
India: 9m (2014)
Invitations From All Over The World
- Ethiopia – To build a Seventh-Day Adventist Church,
- Philippines – To build a Holiday House for a Millionaire’s Wife,
- India – To build a School,
- Zimbabwe – To set up a Brick Manufacturing Plant,
- Malawi – Several Housing/School Projects,
- Mozambique – New Contract to build Up-Market Holiday Houses,
- Magaliesberg, Gauteng – A Housing Development Project on a farm and Mexico (2 x Invitations to Train Women Entrepreneurs).
Specific Projects & Events
- 29,9M2 house built in 1 Day in Cape Town, South Africa with only five unskilled workers.
- Re-Construction of house destroyed by fire in Tafelsig, Mitchell’s Plain, Cape Town, Western Cape Province of South Africa
- Unique Brick manufacturing & Building Concept (Details enclosed) -creating thousands of Job Opportunities across Africa
- Entrepreneurial/Business Opportunities and Training Programme in Valanculos, Mozambique
- FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN for the PURCHASING and ESTABLISHMENT of a FARM IN SOUTH AFRICA
- Call for Sponsors to set-up Brick Manufacturing Plants in developing countries with serious Housing Backlogs.