Our Unique, Innovative Brick Manufacturing & Building SystemThe "Core": This is the center of our operation.
Our Brick Manufacturing & Building System
Commendation from the US International Association of Housing Science
- In December 2014 we attended the 40th World Housing Congress in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal.
- We presented our Unique Brick Manufacturing & Building System with resounding success.
- We received a unique Letter of Commendation from the US International Association of Housing Science attached for your kind consideration…download PDF below. As well as our final paper/presentation below.
- We now have invitations from no fewer than 17 countries such as Nigeria, Angola and DRC, as well as:
- Ethiopia – To build a Seventh-Day Adventist Church,
- Philippines – To build a Holiday House for a Millionaire’s Wife,
- India – To build a School,
- Zimbabwe – To set up a Brick Manufacturing Plant,
- Malawi – Several Housing/School Projects,
- Mozambique – New Contract to build Up-Market Holiday Houses,
- Magaliesberg, Gauteng – A Housing Development Project on a farm and Mexico (2 x Invitations to Train Women Entrepreneurs).
- Tested by the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) for water penetration and strength
- Certified by Agrement South Africa
- Approved by The South Peninsula Municipality (a South African Government) for general use in all types of Top Structures (single skin)
- For the use in Fire Walls (single skin)
- It comes Highly Commended by the US International Association of Housing Science.
Benefits of Our Unique Brick Manufacturing & Building System
Compaction of layers creates a highly secure structure.
It’s a government approved masonry product and SABS Tested.
Manufactured on almost any terrain, an entire Manufacturing Plant can be moved within a few hours.
Our product promotes the transfer of skills, economic growth, job creation, reduces poverty and leads the way to housing the nation.
It also creates entrepreneurial/business opportunities.
No electricity needed in neither the building nor the construction process.
The concept comprises only two types of brick (Line and Corner).
The construction Process is not hindered by Inclement weather.
Our Building System, with its Government Approved Fire Wall Standard.
It plays an undisputed and positive role in Fire Wall Construction between cluster houses in Informal settlements.
Jobs are Created at point-of-manufacture (on-site). Each Manufacturing Plant creates 16 sustainable jobs. 5-10 sustainable jobs are created in the construction of the top structure.
Process is almost 100% labor intensive. Workers are paid for daily production. This empowers and enriches communities.
100% free of CO2 emissions. Waste is drastically reduced at source. In general our system REDUCES, REUSES and RECYCLES construction waste.
Our Waste (and yours) could be easily ground and re-used in the manufacture of our product.
Why We Created This Building System
- A versatile open-plan structure consisting of Lounge/Dining Room/Kitchen, Bathroom and 1 or 2 x Bedrooms.
- Constructed with our Africon Concrete Bricks, manufactured on-site by the local community.
- Comes complete with electricity/solar-powered energy and equipped for a water-borne sewer system.
- Starting with a completed concrete slab, workers can build the house in 1 day
- We use our Africon Bricks to build the exterior walls.
- In this way a representative church home can be provided quickly and economically to thousands of church families across the globe.
- This church is a rugged galvanized steel structure with vented roof.
- The walls and floor can be finished with our Concept in one/two days.
- The One-Day Church is 20 x 38 feet (6.1 x 11.6 meters) and can seat approximately 150 people.
- Can be used as a single classroom, or in quantity to create a complete campus for larger schools.
- Many One-Day Schools will be used in warm or hot climates, so engineers and architects paid close attention to ventilation when designing the structure.
- The roof is white to reflect the sun and the exterior walls are constructed with Africon Bricks.
- Larger windows and strategic vents promote airflow and thermal efficiency.
How We Build The Structures Using Our System
- The first course of brickwork is laid on a class II mortar-bed on a conventional strip or raft foundation.
- Subsequent courses are ‘dry-stacked’.
- A cement/lime/sand slurry is poured into the vertical channel between the bricks.
- Doors, Windows and Roof Trusses are conventionally built-in.
- A three-course roof tie-down is recommended. Impressive Benefits…
- Beneficiaries can take occupation within a few days.
- Building a top-quality house for a beneficiary of the Government Subsidy is now completely possible.